Marvin United Methodist Women & Marvin Men's fellowship
The Marvin United Methodist Women are a vibrant group that takes seriously its commitment to mission and outreach to women, children, and youth. Our annual activities include:
- Bill DaVitte Golf Tournament. Originally called September Swing, the golf tournament helps to fund xxxx Thanks to community businesses and local golfers, the tournament provides an afternoon of fun and relaxation. The first tournaments were held at Fort Gordon Golf Club.
- MarvinGanza, formerly called the Fall Bazaar, is when the women’s group sells crafts and invites others to sell their hand-made products at a gym-sized yard sale.
- Church Nursery services are provided during our 10 am worship service. The Marvin women refurbished a preschool classroom and serve as the caregivers each Sunday.
- Busy Hands gather on the third Monday of each month at 7 pm. Youth and adults are invited to learn a new craft which may include jewelry making, crocheting and knitting, creating home decorations, scrapbooking, couponing, and much more.
- Naomi Women’s Bible Study meets every week on Tuesday mornings at 10 am – noon. The study varies from concentrated study of one book of the bible to a Christian book study. We grow closer to Christ as we share our spiritual journey with others. We laugh, we cry, we celebrate together.
- Clothes Closet has long been a mainstay of this faith community. Anyone in need of clothes or shoes is welcome to browse the wide assortment of clothes for all ages. The Marvin women collect clothing and other items and staff the Clothes Closet on Wednesdays, 10am – 2pm.
- Men's Fellowship
Pumpkin Patch - funds church missions
Kipuke Ministries - The church supports a missionary, Esaho Kipuke, who does God's work in Togo, West Africa.
Marvin United Methodist Church 4400 Wheeler Road Martinez, GA 30907 706-863-0510 A United Methodist Family of Faith